Premium multi-channel sound from Rotel
Looking for an awesome amplifier to power your multi-room sound system? Rotel’s C8 is worth considering. This potent eight-channel Class AB amplifier gives you four independent output zones, four pairs of matrixed inputs, and plenty of clean power for your speakers. Thanks to Rotel’s proprietary amplifier design and the C8’s beefy power supply, you can rest assured that your speakers are in good hands.
Oversized power supply for maximum performance
Rotel aren’t strangers to building high-performance amplifiers. In fact, they design a lot of their internal components and circuits in-house. The C8 uses a custom-designed oversized toroidal transformer for clean, stable power. There are also bulk storage smoothing capacitors that give the C8 fine control over bass frequencies.
Distribute sound and keep track of your inputs
This amp has some cool ways to distribute signal throughout your home. There are four analog RCA inputs on the back panel that are matrixed to all zones. That means you can assign the inputs independently (for example, input A assigned to Zone 1), or you can have any input play through any zone or zones. Even cooler, there’s a Priority Zone PA Override option that lets you send important announcements from your PA system across all zones simultaneously.
While that might sound like a lot to keep track of, the front panel display makes juggling zones and sources easy. The C8’s intuitive menu lets you label each input and zone to help you keep track of what’s connected. You can also adjust the volume of each zone and make individual bass and treble adjustments.
- 8-channel multi-zone Class AB amplifier
- 50 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.1% THD with all channels driven
- 70 watts per channel into 4 ohms (140 watts per channel when bridged)
- oversized toroidal transformer custom-designed for clean power
- frequency response: 10-100,000 Hz (± 0.5 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- detachable power cord
- rack-mounting hardware included
- four pairs of unbalanced stereo RCA inputs
- all inputs are matrixed across all zones
- one pair of unbalanced stereo RCA line outputs for feeding signal to another amplifier
- 3.5mm 12-volt trigger in/out for power control by external components
- RS-232 port allows integration with compatible home automation products
- Ethernet port for network connection, software updates, and integration with home audio products
- bridge switches on the rear panel for bridging channels together
- input “A” can be set to stereo or mono by using the rear-panel switch
- when set to “mono”, the left and right signals are combined and each speaker using input A as a source receives a mono signal
- front-panel display shows selected source, volume level, settings, and more
- menu navigation and setting selection via function buttons on the right-hand side of the front panel
- labeled zone buttons for turning speaker zones on and off