Clean multi-zone amplification
Rotel’s C8+ is a beefy amplifier purpose-built for delivering tons of power to custom-installed audio systems. It has eight-channels of clean Class AB amplification and four independent audio output zones. The C8+’s back panel also has matrixed digital and analog inputs for connecting external sources. This amplifier’s high-current power supply and proprietary design ensures your speakers are in good hands.
Massive, over-engineered toroidal power supply
Rotel aren’t strangers to building high-performance amplifiers. In fact, they design a lot of their internal components and circuits in-house. The C8+ uses a custom-designed oversized toroidal transformer for clean, stable power. There are also bulk storage smoothing capacitors that give the C8+ fine control over bass frequencies.
Quad DAC chips for stellar digital performance
Rotel opted to use four high-performance Texas Instruments digital-to-analog converter chips inside the C8+. Those chips are responsible for handling the tricky switchover from digital to analog when you’re using a digital source like a CD player. Each of the amplifier’s two optical and two coaxial digital inputs handles a maximum resolution of 24-bit/192kHz.
Distribute sound and keep track of your inputs
This amp has some cool ways to distribute signal throughout your home. Its four analog RCA inputs and its previously mentioned digital inputs are matrixed to all zones. That means you can assign the inputs independently (for example, digital input A assigned to Zone 1), or you can have any input play through any zone or zones. Even cooler, there’s a Priority Zone PA Override option that lets you send important announcements from your PA system across all zones simultaneously.
While that might sound like a lot to keep track of, the front panel display makes juggling zones and sources easy. The C8+’s intuitive menu lets you label each input and zone to help you keep track of what’s connected. You can also adjust the volume of each zone and make individual bass and treble adjustments.
- 8-channel multi-zone Class AB amplifier
- 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.1% THD with all channels driven
- 150 watts per channel into 4 ohms (300 watts per channel when bridged)
- oversized toroidal transformer custom-designed for clean power
- four Texas Instruments 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter chips
- frequency response: 10-100,000 Hz (± 0.5 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB (102 dB for digital section)
- detachable power cord
- rack-mounting hardware included
- four pairs of unbalanced stereo RCA inputs
- two optical digital inputs
- two coaxial digital inputs
- all inputs are matrixed across all zones
- one pair of unbalanced stereo RCA line outputs for feeding signal to another amplifier
- 3.5mm 12-volt trigger in/out for power control by external components
- RS-232 port allows integration with compatible home automation products
- Ethernet port for network connection, software updates, and integration with home audio products
- bridge switches on the rear panel for bridging channels together
- input “A” can be set to stereo or mono by using the rear-panel switch
- when set to “mono”, the left and right signals are combined and each speaker using input A as a source receives a mono signal
- front-panel display shows selected source, volume level, settings, and more
- menu navigation and setting selection via function buttons on the right-hand side of the front panel
- labeled zone buttons for turning speaker zones on and off