Improves upon the original RA-1592’s stellar performance by adding a new DAC and MQA compatibility.
A powerful, versatile integrated amplifier
Rotel’s RA-1592 MkII builds off of the legacy of its excellent predecessor, the RA-1592. It delivers a whopping 200 watts to drive one or two pairs of speakers. And the power is clean and robust, thanks in part to a custom-designed toroidal transformer. You get system-building versatility, too. There are plenty of inputs for connecting sources, and built-in Bluetooth for convenient music streaming. It’s a solid centerpiece for an impressive Rotel sound system.
Here’s what’s different: The MkII features a premium Texas Instruments 32-bit/384kHz DAC that converts incoming digital signals to analog with precision and clarity. And it can now decode audiophile-quality MQA and MQA Studio files. Improvements to the power supply and amplifier gain stages further refine this model’s already remarkable performance.
The RA-1592 MkII offers an array of analog and digital inputs. There are four analog RCA inputs on the back panel, including a phono stage for connecting a turntable with a moving magnet cartridge. And the balanced XLR input helps you get the best possible sound with a compatible source component, like Rotel’s matching RCD-1572 CD player.
The integrated amp’s premium digital-to-analog converter ensures clear, precise sound from all your digital sources. There are three optical and coaxial inputs apiece, plus a rear-panel USB Type-B port for connecting a PC (Note: On the MkII, this port is not compatible with DSD files). A USB Type-A port on the front panel that handles audio signals from an iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad®.
And there are a wealth of control options, including an IR input, RS-232 port, and dual 12-volt trigger outputs. A proprietary 3.5mm Rotel Link input/output allows connected Rotel products to communicate with each other and be controlled via the Rotel app. An Ethernet port lets you connect the amplifier to your home network for software updates and integration with third-party control systems.
Rotel has been crafting high-performance gear for music and home theater enthusiasts since 1961. They focus on creating the best signal path possible, using premium capacitors, transistors, diode bridges, and custom toroidal power supplies to get the most from music and movie soundtracks. Crutchfield is proud to offer a diverse selection of Rotel components including preamps, amplifiers, CD players, and home theater processors.
- 200 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.008% THD
- Class AB amplification with custom-designed toroidal transformer
- premium Texas Instruments 32-bit/384kHz digital to analog converter
- built-in Bluetooth® with high-quality aptX audio coding
- frequency response: 10-100,000 Hz (line inputs, ±0.5dB); 20-20,000 Hz (phono input, ±0.5dB); 10-90,000 Hz (digital inputs, ±2dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 103 dB (line); 80 dB (phono); 102 dB (digital)
- support for MQA and MQA Studio files
- Roon-ready (subscription required)
- detachable power cord
- remote control
- 4 unbalanced stereo RCA inputs
- dedicated phono input for turntables with moving magnet cartridges
- balanced stereo XLR input
- 3 optical digital inputs and 3 coaxial digital inputs (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- USB Type-B input for connecting a computer (PCM up to 32-bit/384kHz resolution)
- USB Type-A port on front panel handles audio signals from an iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad®
- Rotel Link input/output
- allows connected Rotel products to communicate with each other and be controlled via the Rotel app
- 3.5mm IR input
- dual 3.5mm 12-volt trigger outputs
- Ethernet port connects the amp to your home network for software updates and integration with 3rd-party control systems
- RS-232 port for use with third-party control systems
- RCA preamp output
- dual mono RCA subwoofer outputs
- front panel 3.5mm headphone output
- A/B speaker outputs with binding posts
- amplifier protection circuitry guards against overcurrent, short-circuit and temperature to protect both the electronics and attached speakers