The RA-6000 packs 60 years of Rotel heritage and know-how into one beautiful-sounding amplifier.
Continuing a dedication to hi-fi
Rotel’s new Diamond Series RA-6000 amplifier has quite the pedigree. This powerhouse of an amplifier owes its great sound to Rotel’s 60-plus years of technical know-how and engineering prowess. Housed inside its all-metal chassis is a beefy amplifier section and an excellent digital-to-analog converter that work together to take your music to new heights.
Masterwork amplifier design
The RA-6000’s Class AB amplifier is a testament to Rotel’s passion for hi-fi. It uses a custom-made toroidal transformer to feed dedicated power to all the important circuits. The transformer is outfitted with high-quality capacitors that help it deliver ripple-free reserve power and current to every internal component. The company also physically and electrically isolated the sensitive amplifier circuits from any possible internal sources of interference to keep the noise floor and distortion low.
The amplifier can support up to four speakers total. There are two pairs of speaker wire terminals to work with, and convenient front-panel controls for switching between them or playing them both at the same time.
The RA-6000 has a killer digital section. A high-quality Texas Instruments digital-to-analog converter chip takes care of the switchover from digital to analog. The chip helps wipe away the digital “grime” from your music, giving you a clearer, more detailed sound across the board. The chip supports tracks up to 32-bit/384kHz and can even render MQA files.
You needn’t rely just on physical connections for your digital tunes. This amplifier also has Bluetooth built in. Pairing your phone is straightforward and gives you a wire-free way to enjoy music from your smartphone or laptop. This amp can make the most of Bluetooth sources, too, since it supports high-quality aptX® HD streaming.
Plenty of connections
You’ll find plenty of connections on this amplifier’s rear panel. There are seven total digital inputs, including a Type-B USB for connecting a computer. There are also four analog line-level inputs to work with, in the form of stereo unbalanced RCAs and balanced XLR connections. A dedicated phono input and built-in phono preamp let you hook up your favorite turntable and treat your records right. You can send signal to another amplifier and two subwoofers by using the amp’s RCA preamp outputs.
There are also some control options onboard. There’s a 3.5mm external remote input and an RS-232 input for using compatible devices to control the amp. You can even have the amp control external components thanks to its two 12-volt trigger outputs.
- 200 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.0075% THD
- powerful Class AB amplification with custom-designed toroidal transformer
- premium Texas Instruments 32-bit/384kHz digital to analog converter
- built-in Bluetooth with high-quality aptX HDaudio coding
- frequency response: 10-100,000 Hz (line inputs, ±0.5dB); 20-20,000 Hz (phono input, ±0.5dB)
- signal-to-noise ratios:
- 102 dB for digital inputs
- 103 dB for line-level inputs
- 80 dB for phono input
- support for MQA and MQA Studio files
- Roon-ready (subscription required)
- detachable power cord
- remote control included
- 3 unbalanced stereo RCA line-level inputs
- RCA phono input for turntables with moving magnet cartridges
- balanced stereo XLR input
- 3 optical digital inputs and 3 coaxial digital inputs (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- USB Type-B input for connecting a computer (PCM up to 32-bit/384kHz resolution)
- requires simple driver installation
- USB Type-A port on front panel for connecting an iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad®
- dual 3.5mm 12-volt trigger outputs for controlling external components
- Ethernet port connects the amp to your home network for software updates and custom IP integration
- RS-232 port for use with third-party control systems
- pair of unbalanced stereo RCA preamp outputs
- dual mono RCA subwoofer outputs
- front panel 3.5mm headphone output
- A/B speaker outputs with binding posts