Improves upon the original A12’s excellent performance by adding a new DAC and Roon compatibility.
Solid, reliable power for your stereo system
The original Rotel A12 was an excellent component, and the company has made some improvements that make the A12 MkII even better. First, let’s make note of the great stuff that hasn’t changed: it still provides 60 watts of clean power to drive one or two pairs of speakers — thanks to a custom-designed toroidal power transformer — and a front-panel layout that’s easy to understand and operate. The solid array of analog and digital inputs and built-in Bluetooth for music streaming are still here, too.
Now for the changes. The MkII features a premium Texas Instruments 32-bit/384kHz DAC that converts incoming digital signals to analog with precision and clarity. And it’s now Roon-ready. Improvements to the amp’s internal components further refine this model’s already remarkable performance.
The A12 has five analog RCA inputs on the back panel, including a phono stage for connecting a turntable with a moving magnet cartridge. Digital sources are well-served, too: there are dual optical and coaxial inputs, plus a USB Type-B port for connecting a PC. A USB Type-A port on front panel handles audio signals from an iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad®.
This amp offers a wealth of control options, including an IR input, RS-232 port, and dual 12-volt trigger outputs. A proprietary 3.5mm Rotel Link input/output allows connected Rotel products to communicate with each other and be controlled via the Rotel app for Apple iPhone®.
Rotel has been crafting high-performance gear for music and home theater enthusiasts since 1961. They focus on creating the best signal path possible, using premium capacitors, transistors, diode bridges, and custom toroidal power supplies to get the most from music and movie soundtracks. Crutchfield is proud to offer a diverse selection of Rotel components including preamps, amplifiers, CD players, and home theater processors.
- 60 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.03% THD
- Class AB amplification with custom-designed toroidal transformer
- Texas Instruments premium 32-bit/384kHz digital to analog converter
- built-in Bluetooth with high-quality aptX® audio coding
- frequency response: 10-100,000 Hz (line inputs, ±0.5dB); 20-20,000 Hz (phono input, ±0.5dB); 10-90,000 Hz (digital inputs, ±2dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB (line); 90 dB (phono); 103 dB (digital)
- detachable power cord
- remote control
- 5 unbalanced RCA inputs
- dedicated phono input for turntables with moving magnet cartridges
- 2 optical digital inputs and 2 coaxial digital inputs (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- USB Type-B input for connecting a computer (up to 32-bit/384kHz resolution)
- USB Type-A port on front panel handles audio signals from an iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad®
- USB Type-A port on rear panel for device charging only
- Rotel Link input/output
- allows connected Rotel products to communicate with each other and be controlled via the Rotel app for Apple iPhone
- 3.5mm IR input
- dual 3.5mm 12-volt trigger outputs
- RS-232 port for use with third-party control systems
- RCA preamp output
- front panel 3.5mm headphone output
- A/B speaker outputs with binding posts