This versatile and powerful DAC and CD transport was built for maximum resolution and sound quality.
Built for remarkable resolution
Rotel has proven themselves time and time again to be masters of their art by crafting some of the finest home audio components money can buy. Their engineering expertise lets them make awesome gear, and it also lets them offer that gear at a great price. The Diamond-series DT-6000 is the latest processing powerhouse in the company’s audiophile portfolio.
This DAC and CD player combo sports a classic-yet-timeless appearance. Underneath all the eye candy is a top-of-the-line digital-to-analog converter chip, custom-made power supply, and precision-engineered CD tray that work together to provide exceptional depth and detail to your favorite tunes.
The ESS Saber ES9028PRO inside the DT-6000 is one of the most cutting-edge DAC chips available. Rotel tweaked the eight-channel DAC to split its processing evenly, with four processing channels being dedicated to the left output channel and the other four being dedicated to the right. Its balanced output uses differential circuitry to keep noise to an absolute minimum. The end result is beautifully nuanced and detailed sound.
Over-engineered power supplies for stellar performance
Rotel over-engineered each of the DT-6000’s power supplies to keep its noise floor low. Every critical circuit gets its own dedicated power supply, and each circuit was tailor-made by Rotel for maximum performance. As if that wasn’t already enough, there’s also a shielded toroidal transformer that provides efficient, ripple-free current to each power supply.
30 years of experience in one tray
The CD tray and transport are the culmination of Rotel’s decades of crafting award-winning disc spinners. The tray’s smooth in-and-out action is great, and once the disc starts spinning, that’s where the magic really happens. Rotel designed the CD tray with a unique spring-floating mechanism and vibration-damping materials to reduce operational noise. It also has a precision laser motor and optical pickup for perfectly and accurately reading all your standard CDs
Inputs and outputs
The back panel of the DT-6000 has just about every connection one could need, no matter one’s system. It has a coaxial digital and an optical digital input for hooking up digital sources, plus a Type-B USB port for hooking up your desktop or laptop. There’s even an RS-232 port for external control from a compatible computer or device.
You’re covered on outputs, too. There’s a pair of unbalanced stereo RCAs and balanced stereo XLRs for tying the DT-6000 in with the rest of your system.
- combination DAC and CD player
CD player specs:
- plays audio CDs
- smooth action tray
- uses spring-floating CD mechanism and vibration damping materials for near-silent operation during playback
- optical laser pickup and precision laser motor controls for enhanced detail
- built-in ESS Saber ES9028PRO 8-channel DAC chip
- left and right stereo outputs have 4 dedicated channels each
- fully differential circuits keep noise low
- supported file types:
- PCM up to 32-bit/384kHz through USB; 24-bit/192kHz through coaxial digital and optical digital
- DSD up to 11.2MHz
- audiophile-grade toroidal transformer for clean power, low noise, and low distortion
- all-metal chassis eliminates sound-muddying vibration
- remote control included
- total harmonic distortion: 0.0012%
- signal-to-noise ratio: >115 dB
- unbalanced output level: 2.1 volts
- balanced output level: 4.3 volts
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (-0.15 dB)
- 1 optical digital audio input
- 1 coaxial digital audio input
- 1 USB Type-B input
- stereo pair of unbalanced RCA outputs
- stereo pair of balanced XLR outputs
- RS-232 port for external control from compatible devices
- 12-volt trigger input for control from external components
- 3.5mm external remote input
- Type-A USB port is only for software updates