The MkII retains the best parts of the original RC-1572, adding a new DAC and compatibility with high-res MQA files.
A sleek preamplifier for your two-channel sound system
Rotel created a beloved component when they rolled out the original RC-1572 preamp, and the MkII retains everything that made it so popular with our customers. It’s no-nonsense and easy to use, and it makes sure your digital and analog sources sound as good as they can. Rotel’s custom-made toroidal transformer and high-quality circuitry inside ensure that everything runs quietly and smoothly.
Here’s what’s been upgraded: The MkII features a premium Texas Instruments 32-bit/384kHz DAC that converts incoming digital signals to analog with precision and clarity. It has been Roon tested and can now decode audiophile-quality MQA and MQA Studio files. Additional improvements to internal circuits further refine this model’s already remarkable performance.
This preamp offers a handy selection of analog and digital inputs. There are four analog RCA inputs on the back panel, including a phono stage for connecting a turntable with a moving magnet cartridge. And the balanced XLR input helps you get the best possible sound with a compatible source component, like Rotel’s matching RCD-1572 CD player. Unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR stereo outputs let you send the signal to your amplifier of choice, like a high-caliber Rotel stereo power amplifier.
The preamp’s premium DAC ensures clear, precise sound from all your digital sources. There are two optical and two coaxial inputs, a rear-panel USB Type-B port that lets you connect a PC, and a USB Type-A port on front panel that handles audio signals from an iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad®.
And there are a wealth of control options, including an IR input, RS-232 port, and dual 12-volt trigger outputs. A proprietary 3.5mm Rotel Link input/output allows connected Rotel products to communicate with each other and be controlled via the Rotel app. An Ethernet port lets you connect the preamp to your home network for software updates and integration with third-party control systems.
Rotel has been crafting high-performance gear for music and home theater enthusiasts since 1961. They focus on creating the best signal path possible, using premium capacitors, transistors, diode bridges, and custom toroidal power supplies to get the most from music and movie soundtracks. Crutchfield is proud to offer a diverse selection of Rotel components including preamps, amplifiers, CD players, and home theater processors.
- stereo preamplifier with digital and analog inputs to handle a variety of music sources
- premium Texas Instruments 32-bit/384kHz digital to analog converter
- custom-built toroidal transformer
- frequency response: 10-100,000 Hz (line inputs, ±0.3dB); 20-20,000 Hz (phono input, ±0.3dB); 20-20,000 Hz (digital inputs, ±0.5dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 118 dB (line); 80 dB (phono); 100 dB (digital)
- total harmonic distortion: 0.004%
- built-in Bluetooth with high-quality aptX streaming
- support for MQA and MQA Studio files
- Roon tested
- dimmable front-panel display
- remote control
- 4 unbalanced stereo RCA inputs
- dedicated phono input for turntables with moving magnet cartridges
- balanced stereo XLR input and output
- 2 optical digital and 2 coaxial digital inputs (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- USB Type-B input for connecting a computer (PCM up to 32-bit/384kHz resolution)
- USB Type-A port on front panel handles audio signals from an iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad®
- USB Type-A port on rear panel for device charging only
- stereo RCA preamp output
- dual mono RCA subwoofer outputs
- front panel 3.5mm headphone output
- Rotel Link input/output
- allows connected Rotel products to communicate with each other and be controlled via the Rotel app
- 3.5mm IR input
- dual 3.5mm 12-volt trigger outputs
- Ethernet port connects the amp to your home network for software updates and integration with 3rd-party control systems
- RS-232 port for use with home automation control systems, like Crestron