- Versatile audio amplifier for custom install applications
- 500 Watts into 8 Ohms
- 800 Watts into 4 Ohms
- 2U rack mountable
- Signal sensing
- Power Guard® and Sentry Monitor™
The MI502 2-Channel Digital Amplifier is a flexible component and welcome addition to a custom installed home audio or home theater system. It delivers world renowned McIntosh sound quality at a rate of 500 Watts into 8 Ohm speakers or 800 Watts into 4 Ohm speakers. It uses highly high-tech closed loop digital switching amplifiers and resilient power supplies that produce performance levels seldom heard in custom install audio.
The applications are nearly limitless for how to use the versatile MI502 in your home entertainment system. It can be used to power the front left and right speakers in a home theater; to drive two in-wall subwoofers; a pair of MI502s could drive the three front channels of your in-home cinema plus one subwoofer; or to power a pair of outdoor speakers for when the party makes it way outside. Additionally, a stack of multiple MI502s could be used to power the distributed audio speakers installed throughout your home.
The MI502 is rack mountable and has a mounting height of 2U making it easy to install in an equipment rack via the included mounting brackets (the mounting brackets are removable for non-rack installations). As a highly efficient Class D amplifier, it does not require noisy cooling fans to maintain nominal operating temperature so the only thing you’ll hear coming from it is amazing sounding audio that will impress yourself and your guests.
On the front panel are two blue McIntosh Watt Meters that display the power output of each channel, while multi-color LED indicators display the status of each channel. The back panel includes a pair of balanced and unbalanced inputs to connect the MI502 to your preamplifier. A pair of our standard 5-way speaker binding posts are included to connect your speakers.
Other features that come with the MI502 are:
- Power Guard® signal overload technology that prevents overdriving the speakers
- Sentry Monitor™ short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- Power Control 12 Volt triggering capabilities
- Eco-friendly on/off signal sensing that turns the unit off if no input signal has been detected for a set amount of time or automatically turns the amp on when it senses a signal