The legendary 15 inch Dual has been upgraded extensively for the Gold Reference series with many of the enhancements being ‘trickle-down’ technology from TANNOY’s flagship Kingdom Royal development project. The low frequency section of the GR driver has a new fibre enriched paper pulp cone material to realise further improvements in the cone’s mechanical characteristics. The cone is terminated with a twin roll surround of impregnated fabric for improved damping characteristics.
The Canterbury GR’s HF unit marks a significant leap forward in the technology and performance comprising a new aluminium-magnesium alloy compression driver diaphragm that has been heat treated to further improve it mechanical integrity under HF loads. The use of new Mylar surround materials offer improved damping and motor cooling, resulting in exceptional clarity and articulation throughout the HF range. Capable of high-volume listening without fatigue, the Gold Reference Dual brings even greater naturalness and presence to the TANNOY Canterbury loudspeaker.
- 2 way floorstanding loudspeaker for large sized rooms
- Dual Concentric driver technology provides class-leading coherence and point-source imaging
- 15″ highly efficient driver with 96 dB/Watt sensitivity and 600 Watt peak power handling deliver breath-taking dynamics and realism
- PepperPot WaveGuide powered by Tannoy Alnico magnet system enhances the point source symmetrical dispersion properties
- Aluminium-magnesium alloy diaphragm and Mylar surround compression driver delivers exceptional clarity and articulation throughout the high frequency range
- Handcrafted oiled walnut veneered cabinet provides a unique and timeless piece of furniture