The Automat technology in the A1 allows us to finally bring the Pro-Ject sound and philosophy to an entirely new audience. All the pieces of the super-complex automatics are entirely built and assembled by hand in Germany by a traditional manufacturer, known for their superb reliability and outstanding sound quality. The chance to get access to this technology is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and allows us to reach new pinnacles in automatic turntable design. And It all starts with the A1.
It has a fully-automatic start-and-stop with the automatic mechanism being completely disengaged and decoupled during the entire runtime of the record. The fully mechanical automatics are engaged when you press start and the tonearm is automatically moved to the lead-in groove of the record. Once playing, the automatics are completely taken out of the equation and are not affecting the playback quality – the free movement of the tonearm and platter – at all! And because the automatics are working entirely mechanically – no additional electronics needed – they are truly not influencing or degrading sound quality during playback!
At the end of the record, the record player will automatically return the tonearm to the resting place. This is just one of the things that makes this direct-drive turntable a perfect entry-level turntable.
- Factory installed and aligned Ortofon OM10 cartridge
- Built in, switchable phono preamp
- 8.3” aluminum low-mass tonearm
- Precise mechanics with automated start and stop
- Aluminum platter with damping ring
- Carbon fiber reinforced non-magnetic headshell
- Resonance damped chassis
- Silicon damped isolation feet
- Electronically controlled playback speeds
- Captive semi-symmetrical Connect it E phono cable
- Gold-plated male RCA connectors (amplifier end)
- Dust cover included
- Handmade in Germany