Like many of our products, the NAC 252 stems from good stock: it descends directly from the NAC 52, still one of the finest preamplifiers ever made. Capable of exceptional clarity, its power supply components reside in a separate enclosure: the SuperCap power supply unit. This ensures optimum isolation from electromagnetic interference and provides each of the ten audio circuits with an independent, fully regulated supply voltage. Additionally, separate power supplies for the digital control and switching circuitry further isolate the audio circuitry from noise. It’s this attention to detail that makes the NAC 252 so special – that, and our determination to let nothing stand in the way of your musical enjoyment.
- Support for both DIN and RCA inputs to facilitate connection into a wider range of systems
- SuperCap power supply (with fourteen independently regulated voltages) required
- Totally separate regulated supplies for digital control and switching circuitry
- Precision rotary potentiometers with precious metal wipers
- AV bypass mode for simple connection to an existing AV system
- Powered input for use with StageLine or SuperLine phono stages
Many designs were explored for the NAC 252 and a complete review of the circuit topology and components took place in accordance with the developments pioneered in preamplifiers such as the NAC52. Hundreds of hours were spent listening to various designs, ensuring that the harmony between music and technology was always maintained.
Ten independently regulated power supplies are fed from the matching SuperCap power supply. Totally separate regulated supplies for the digital control and switching ensure no noise is generated in the audio circuits.